I've been up to a lot that unfortunately I can't share just yet but to kick things off I'll show you Lorelai's birthday cake. My sweet Lorelai turned 3 this last month. I asked her what kind of birthday cake she wanted and the only help she gave me was 'pink'.
There were a lot of firsts that came with this cake.
- I've never used something other than a cake pan to make cake before
- I'd never tried Betty Crocker's Strawberry cake
- I'd never made an ice cream cake
- I'd never tried to stuff a Barbie down a cake before.
After the cakes had cooled I cut them into layers and then stacked them together alternating pink and sprinkle.
For the ice cream portion of the cake I let a quart of vanilla ice cream dyed pink soften on the counter then I spread it in between each of the cake layers.
I learned while making this cake that
- I love home made ice cream cake
- I love strawberry cake
- the thicker the ice cream layer the better
- frosting does not stick to the ice cream
- j/k I'd definitely do it in two different cakes though
- I'd make a scrumdiliumtious Barbie cake with out the ice cream so that her dress could be piped on to perfection.
Well, all in all it was a delicious cake, Lorelai loved it and all who got a taste seemed to like it!
Now as for future posts... I plan on doing them. It's just that I only have one more post that I can put up right away. Two of the major projects that I've done recently, one is done the other is still in progress, are wedding presents for May! We'll see what I can do for you.
In the mean time this sweet picture should help tide you over.