I love everything about this pillow especially the background fabric and the button eye but I felt like it just wasn't complete... something was missing. Then it came to me!
So here is how the ele-bum pillow was formed...
1. I took my ele-face and lined it up with the body fabric to make sure the size was right. I crudely sketched and cut out my elephant hind quarters.
2. I cut out one 14.5"x14.5" of background fabric for the front of the pillow and two 9.5"x14.5" rectangles for the back of the pillow.
3. I basted on his tail.
4. I pinned him to the front piece and appliqued the bum in place.
5. I sat back to admire my work.
6. I lined up my back pieces with the front, right sides together, pinned them together envelope style and sewed it up!
7. Finally I turned it right sides out and united head and tail. feel free to admire!
If you are interested in the pillow fight go here for the deets. Linking up begins Jun 15!