So this last week I played catch up a little bit, around the house, around the blog, and with my sewing.
Let me back up a little bit...
At the beginning of January I told Brett I wanted him to build a doll bed for Lorelai's American Girl doll (+plus mine) and he pretty much said, okay, whatever. Fast forward to the Saturday before Lorelai's birthday he asked me what her main present would be. Hello! I told him, I don't know because I wanted the bed to be the big present and he never made it. Haha, he told me that he could have one built by Thursday. So all of a sudden I needed to make doll bedding! Well, I ran out of time. I only had one pillow and one blanket done for her big day. Brett totally knocked it out of the park though! In three and a half days he built and painted (twice) a triple bunk bed.
He used scrap wood from work and left over foam pieces for the mattresses. The only thing we had to pay for was the fabric and I had coupons! Such a good deal. It only cost $20 all together. Hop on over to americangirl.com and see how that compares!
So like I said, this week I played catch up and finished off the bedding. Then we took the bed outside for a little fun and photo shoot. The girls thought it was so fun that the bed was outside.
There you have it. I always enjoy posts where I get to brag about my handy hubs! Check back later this week. I'll be sharing my method for making the mattress covers!