Friday, April 5, 2013
Of Royal Birth
Hello again everyone! This dress is my sew along entry for Sew-vivor's second theme, Buttons.
A few weeks ago when I got Kent's alphabet fabric Lorelai picked out this princess fabric for herself. I LOVE this fabric.
When I started this project I didn't have any idea how it would come out except that I wanted it to have a scalloped hem. I found this tutorial through Pinterest quite some time ago and I've been itching to use it in a project and I'll tell you what. It is amazing! I think that the best tip was this:
"when you get to the place in between each scallop, turn and do 1 st. before turning into the next scallop."
The scalloping, ha! It doesn't seem like scalloping would be a word. Anyway, the scalloping took a really long time but was totally worth it. This dress is in my top 5 Lorelai dresses made by me. Once the scallops were done the rest of the dress came together right quick. When it was all sewn together I had Lorelai try it on.
Cute kid right? It was looking good but I felt like something was missing. These little princesses and their castles needed a little more bling. That was just as well, to qualify for the challenge her dress still needed some buttons somewhere. So I went to my stash and pulled out these jeweled buttons I've been hoarding for over a year and sewed them on the bodice for a faux necklace effect. I know I am biased but I think it all turned out crazy cute. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself :)
It wasn't my intent but it turns (haha) out that this dress is prefect for twirling! I think it looks like a cupcake :) And back by popular demand, Lorelai Poses!
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm linked up at the Ladybird Ln. and The Train to Crazy