Friday, July 18, 2014

Triangles Are My New Thing

Hanging around the internet looking for fabric I stumbled across this fabric at girlcharlee.com. I didn't know what I would use it for but I knew I had to have it. So it came in the mail and sat in my fabric stash for three months.

Then it hit me! I knew what I wanted to do! So it sat in my fabric stash for another month.

Finally, the first day of school was fast approaching and I thought it would be the perfect first day of school outfit. My brother and sister had been here for a few days and I was still catching my stride so it just didn't happen in time for the first day of school. 

I get these ideas in my head of how I want a project to turn out and sometimes, like with this one, I want to use a new technique but that technique also intimidates me and I just let it put off the project. I wish I wouldn't do that. I wish I wouldn't because it always feels so great to conquer it and think of all those lost months!

Oh well, it's done now, and I can't wait any longer to share it with you.

Here is The Plaited Dress.

07.15.03 07.15.04 07.15.02 07.15.01
07.15.05

There you have it! My new favorite dress. I think I need to make some more!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! ADORABLE! You should go into business. Do you have a pinterest account so I can pin it? She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ashley! Thanks for the dress love ❤️I think I found and followed you on Pinterest so you can follow me back 😃

      Delete
  2. super cute.
    for some reason i thought it was a long maxi dress, but i'm glad its short.
    the only thing that would be better would be a mushu cat instead of that dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about doing this as a maxi but was really going for, summer sun dress. I can easily see a maxi in the future though. A mushu would have been much more Carroll of me 😀

      Delete