Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Breazy Dress

Hi Friends!

It has been quite some time since I last did any apparel sewing and it has been bothering me. A lot. I had some sweet birdie fabric sitting on my shelf taunting me. I picked it up at Joann's a couple of months ago and it really needed to be whipped into a dress.This pattern has been bopping around in my head and I thought sewing it would calm my brain down but no, I've already got fabric and plans to make a second one!

breazydress
The Breazy Dress. If you don't count all of the slip sliding around the fabric did you could even call this The Easy Breazy Dress. It only took about 3 hours to put together and that is including the cutting!
011
I love this dress, the style is so feminine and romantic and the birds add a lovely touch of whimsy!
030
Haha. Speaking of whimsy. This girlie adds a lovely touch of it too.
032
The "Lorelai poses" really show off the drape of the dress!
041
040
________________________________________________________________________________________
I want to know!
Did you notice how the dress pops more when Lorelai stands in front of the brick wall than when she is in front of the fence and ivy? I don't know the logic behind that but I found it very interesting!

What are your weekend plans?
Tonight I am going to Women's Conference and then a GNO at Red Robin! So excited :D

2 comments:

  1. i think it has to do with color contrast and something related to primary/secondary colors...
    i used to know why... but it has been some time since my photo intense classes. haha.
    i did 2 weddings so far, and sunday, i intend to sleep. and maybe cut some more quilt blocks. and sew 2 pillowcases still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting, whatever the cause is, I like it. It's her school so we will definitely be going back back for future pictures.

      Delete