Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lucky Couture

                                    

There is a Sew-vivor Challenge going on over at the Family Ever After Blog. Ten contestants are competing for some pretty awesome prizes. Unfortunately I am not one of them but in order to challenge myself and stretch my sewing abilities I decided to participate in the sew along group.

The first challenge theme is: Emerald. Emerald was chosen because it is suppose to be the color of the year. I don't know who decided that but whoever it is didn't feel the need to inform any of the fabric stores! Finding emerald fabric was a pain. I did eventually find some that I love and was super excited to work with.

If you follow me on instagram
Instagram you should have caught sight of this little sneak peak:


I've had these beads for years and my mind immediately went to them and I knew I must incorporate them some how. I really enjoyed hand sewing them to the blouse, I found it very relaxing. I'm such a sewing nerd, I'm not ashamed :)

Let me tell you about Lorelai's outfit. I used a deliciously soft, white knit from Joann's to make this peplum top. Ruched sleeves are my FAVORITE and I admittedly over use them. I can't help it. I love them.
I found the fabric for the pants at Joann's as well and I was totally drawn to them because of the elephants and it was pretty much the only tolerable emerald-ish fabric. I think elephants are adorable and the Africa in me totally comes out when I see elephant anything so I snatched it right up.

I called this outfit Lucky Couture because it is St. Patrick's Day season and the the green and gold pants strongly reminded me of leprechauns and their treasure.

Enough chatter, feel free to admire the results ;)






That last picture is going on my wall. I love love love that beautiful girl!  I am super happy with how this outfit turned out. What do you think of my Lucky Couture?

8 comments:

  1. Darling! I saw this on the Sew-vivor Flickr group. Those beads are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming by. I'm glad you like the outfit!

      Delete
  2. It really is an adorable outfit. And you are so right! That color is so hard to find! Great job and adorable daughter too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We find her reasonably tolerable :)

      Delete
  3. Super cute (both your model and the outfit.) I don't care for emerald normally, despite what Pantone chooses, but I really like it in this outfit! The color is great on your daughter and the beading on the top is a sweet detail, as are the ruched sleeves (love those!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked the green. I fretted over finding just the right one.

      Delete
  4. Love the sleeves. She is such a beautiful girl!!

    ReplyDelete