Thursday, April 3, 2014

Superman Hearts Wonder Woman

04.06.03
This challenge for PRP turned out to be an adventure in color blocking and freezer paper stencil painting!
04.06.04
This time around I decided to make an outfit for each of my super adorable kiddos. Be prepared, this post is photo heavy!
04.06.01
There was just too much cuteness to squish into a couple photos. Seriously, this Superman loves his Wonder Woman.
04.06.02
I began by working on Lorelai's outfit. The challenge this week was to make the fabric. I started by grabbing some plain white jersey knit and painted on some gold stripes.
04.06.10
Kent's shirt started out white with stripes too but I hated it. So I pulled this blue stripe fabric from my stash and added the red stripe. The stripes were all made with freezer paper and Tulip Soft fabric paint.
04.06.06
I painted Wonder Woman and Superman onto their shirts with some freezer paper stencils I printed out. I finished of Wonder Woman's crown with a wonderful button I found at Joann's. I love how it adds dimension to the shirt.
04.06.09
Kent does not understand why they don't have eyes. They just don't ok?!
04.06.07
Now the pant's... Those were a labor of love... Mostly just labor but I LOVE how they turned out! I used my freezer paper to make a ton of star stencils and then I used a bleach pen to make all of the stars. It took ages but these are easily my favorite made by me jeans.
04.06.08
I used the bleach pen to make all the Super S's on Kent's jeans to. Those I just free handed. I was going for a "look". Booty shot! Aren't those Super pockets so much fun?
04.06.05
I love making clothes that my kids love. I love that my kids love each other!



04.06.11
I also love that they will humor me for photo shoots :) How adorable are those models?
04.06.12
We did it! We made it to the end!
04.06.13
Thanks so much for reading along today. I've recently looked into bloglovin and turns out you can use it to follow my blog. Never miss a post again, just click this link! Follow on Bloglovin (also link in the sidebar)

I'll be back every day this week for Kids Clothing Week, it starts tomorrow morning. I'll see you then!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I especially love those star jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a supermom to make them these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. Kent say Lorelai and I are Wonder Woman and he and daddy are "Supermans"

      Delete
  4. those star jeans are awesome!! very wonder women!! Love it! Fun theme this week. Emily@nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy with how they came out.

      Delete
  5. Wonder Woman! That looks fanfreakintastic! I really need to start painting more stencils starting with this one! Great job!

    ReplyDelete