Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Stuffs

Well it has been an interesting weekend. Saturday morning was a mix of irritation and relief.
Irritation: I would have been done with the baby quilt I've been working on for my friend if it weren't for crazy bobbin tension flipping out of whack. I'm not sure what the problem is but it was being very stupid and well, the quilt has yet to be finished.
Relief. Brett and I bought a couch a several weeks ago because it was such a steal of a deal! Well we were suppose to pick it up a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get a hold of a truck to move it. Well yesterday I had enough and decided we would just take the seats out of the van and make it work! Turns out when we got there each half of the couch on its own fit in the back of the van, with the back closed even! It took two trips but heck, we got it done!! It was very exciting to stick it in storage.
Saturday evening we got babysitters and Brett and I went to dinner with my parentals. It was pretty fun. I like when we get dad out of the house and away from the kiddos, he really relaxes and lets his more humorous side come out. He was telling us about his idea for his next short story challenge and it sounds really great. We went to dinner at Olive Garden and it was delicious and scary but I feel I handled it like a champ!
You see, a little over a week ago I went to the Dr and he said that if I want to get pregnant again I'm gonna have to get less chubbers. Thanks, as if losing 60 some odd pounds means nothing. Well he says it does a little. He didn't want me to get discouraged he says I have lost the pregnancy weight which so many women never accomplish I just need to go a little further. The funny thing with women pregnancy and weight is there is an invisible line, different for every woman if you are one pound over it no preggo one pound under you'll multiplying like rabbits. Dr man says I must be hovering right near it and if I can just break through that plateau it will be baby city. He says women of short stature have to be particularly careful because there is absolutely no place for any weight gain to go.
So last week I was very conscious about my snacking. I run 3-6miles every morning so I know exercise wasn't holding me back. Even after my Olive garden scare I still lost 3lbs in one week. Go me. Hopefully I can keep it up just to get all chubbs again with the next baby. lol
Oh well. I've got a bit of laundry and cleaning and organizing to get done before the Emster comes and I'd like to finish my friends gifts as well so I better stop blogging.. hasta

1 comment:

  1. so wait, i'm confused....
    does the dr. want you to lose weight, or gain some? your first sentence in that paragraph is confusing... lol

    olive garden is so delicious...
    i love me some pasta :D

    ReplyDelete